Study Opportunities at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Study programs offered
Mishpatim Seminar - Israeli and International Law
5 January to 23 January 2020
The Mishpatim Seminar - Israeli and International Law is offered by the Rothberg International School which is part of Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
It consists of one unit, Israeli & International Law and is taught intensively during January.
The assessment for JD students is a choice of either a research paper (7,500-10,000 words) or a sit down exam in Israel.
Mishpatim Contact: email@example.com or 02 9389 2825
Application, Program cost and funding available
- Complete the MAP Application to register your interest and receive Faculty approval to study this program by the 15 November 2019
- Once approved by the Faculty please apply for the program here (Hebrew University Deadline: 15 December 2019)
Mishpatim 2020 Seminar Program Upfront Costs:
- Application fee: US $80
- Accommodation fee: Private dorm room: US $ - To be confirmed (2019 cost was US $690)
- Program Cost payable to the Rothberg International School, Hebrew University: US $ - To be confirmed (2019 Cost was US $2,400 including health insurance)
- Return airfares to Israel
Travel Grants available:
- Monash Abroad will provide a $500 travel grant to eligible students accepted and enrolled into the Mishpatim Seminar.
- The Friends of Hebrew University Australia will provide a $500 scholarship payable into the program fee which is part of the direct application process to Hebrew University for the Mishpatim Seminar. Students must apply for financial assistance in order to receive funding.
- If a student receives funding and does not attend the program, they will be required to pay back the funding.
- Students may apply for an OS-Help Loan if accepted into the unit, subject to the eligibility requirements for OS-Help Loans.
- OS-HELP Loan applications for this program must be submitted to Monash Abroad by 15 November 2019.
- Your application will be formally assessed after you have been accepted into the program by the Faculty and your MAP status updated to show this.
- Students will be enrolled under a Law Study Abroad elective for the 2020 program and are required to pay the program cost directly to Rothberg International School, this includes the program fee, the application fee and the accommodation costs.
The Mishpatim Seminar is only available to Monash LLB and Postgraduate Law students.
To be eligible, you should have:
- an active enrolment in a Monash undergraduate Law degree or postgraduate Law degree
- a minimum credit average (60%) in your results of the law side of current course, at the time of application.
- LLB students who intend studying law elective units overseas must have completed 48 credit points of compulsory or quasi compulsory units from the Bachelor of Laws or Bachelor of Laws(Honours) at the time of application. These 48 credit points of Law units can have been completed at Monash or have been given specified credit from another institution. Law JD students must have completed 72 credit points at the time of application.
Mishpatim Seminar - Israeli and International Law from 5 January – 23 January 2020 - 6 Monash credit points
For information on the program itself please visit Rothberg International School.
If you have a question - ask.monash
Faculty of Law
15 Ancora Imparo Way
Clayton VIC 3168
Travel grants enquiry
Campus Centre, Clayton campus
Level 1 (above the bookshop)
21 Chancellors Walk
Victoria, 3800 Australia
Please refer to the Monash Abroad website for eligibility requirements and further information regarding travel scholarships.