New pathways to Monash Law
This pathway is designed for students who have the talent and determination to succeed in our Bachelor of Laws (Honours) course but just miss out on the Selection Rank. If you identify as an Indigenous Australian, live in a low socio-economic area or have experienced financial hardship you could be eligible.
To be eligible for selection you must:
- satisfy requirements for home location, low income or identify as an Indigenous Australian, AND
- be studying an Australian Year 12 or IB, AND
- achieve at least a minimum ATAR of 90.00 or equivalent, AND
- satisfy all prerequisites and extra requirements, AND
- be an Australian or a New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent resident or permanent humanitarian visa.
All applicants must complete a SEAS application through VTAC.
How it works
You will enrol into one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Arts (Law Pathway) - VTAC Code: 2800311201
- Bachelor of Commerce (Law Pathway) - VTAC Code: 2800311271
- Bachelor of Science (Law Pathway) - VTAC Code: 2800311281
In your first year, you'll study four law units along with four Arts, Commerce or Science units.
If you pass all the units (48 credit points) with a credit (60%) average in your Law units and a credit (60%) average overall, you are guaranteed a place in:
- second year of the relevant double degree course, OR
- second year of the Bachelor of Laws (Honours).
If you don't meet the entry requirements you can continue the relevant single degree course (Arts, Commerce or Science) with credit for any subjects you have passed.
What are the benefits?
- Access to academic support and peer mentors
- Start studying law units from day one
- No time wasted - all subjects count towards your qualification and you'll complete it within the usual duration
- No special classes - you will study alongside your peers in the regular degree
- Try out law units before committing to the full degree
For more information please download the New Monash Pathways to Law flyer (pdf, 960kb).