Criminal matters

If you have been charged with a criminal offence, we recommend that you employ a private solicitor if you can afford one. However, if you are unable to do so, Monash-Oakleigh Legal Service (MOLS) can help by:

  • Providing advice on whether to plead guilty or not guilty
  • Briefing a barrister to represent you (if you can afford this service)
  • Providing assistance in applying for Legal Aid representation.

If you are denied Legal Aid, MOLS can help you:

  • Prepare to present your case in court - this includes organising relevant documentation and construction of arguments
  • Understand the court process
  • With advice on potential outcomes of your case.

You may also find some relevant materials on useful links page.