Tenancy disputes

If you have a legal issue arising out of a lease or tenancy agreement, such as a dispute over rent, repairs or eviction, Monash-Oakleigh Legal Service (MOLS) can advise you of your rights under the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (Vic) and help you enforce those rights. We can assist you:

  • Negotiate with your landlord
  • Prepare correspondence
  • Prepare an application to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

If we are unable to provide assistance, a referral to a private solicitor or relevant organisation will be provided.

Please bring a copy of your lease and any relevant correspondence along with you to your appointment.