2.2 English language proficiency
Sound English language skills are required for academic programs at Monash University. Full documentary evidence in support of English Language Proficiency (ELP) must be submitted with applications for admission and scholarship. Monash University reserves the right to seek further documentary evidence of ELP.
If an applicant's first language is not English (i.e. originate from a country where English is not the official primary language), the ELP must be satisfied in at least one of the following ways:
2.2.1 Language of Instruction
Qualifications completed more than five years prior to the submission of an application for admission will not be considered, with the exception of the faculties of Arts and Law, where studies must be completed within two years.
Monash University approved English language countries
Successful completion of a course of tertiary studies, of at least two years' duration, and entirely taught and formally assessed in English, and in any of the following Monash University approved English language countries*:
Antigua + Barbuda
Other overseas institutions
- Successful completion of a course of tertiary studies, of at least two years' duration, and
- entirely taught and formally assessed in English, and
- in any Higher Education institution for which English is the only language of instruction, as confirmed in the World Higher Education database (WHED).
Monash University's Malaysia or South Africa campus
- Successful completion of a course of tertiary study of at least two years' duration at Monash University's Malaysia or South Africa campus, or an equivalent Malaysian tertiary education campus recognised by Monash University.
Southeast University - Monash University Joint Graduate School
- Successful completion of a two year Monash University-Southeast University Double Masters coursework course.
2.2.2 English Language Test
Tests that are taken more than two years prior to the proposed commencement date will not be accepted.
Table 1: Overview of minimum English Language Test requirements
2.2.3 Monash English Bridging (MEB) Program
Applicants may complete the Monash English Bridging Program.
The faculties of Arts and Law do not accept applicants via this pathway.
|Faculty / Organisational Unit||Program|