Dean's Lecture in Shanghai - English as a medium of instruction (EMI): Navigating the challenges and complexities
- 7 September 2019 at 4:00 pm – 7 September 2019 at 6:00 pm
- The Westin Bund Center, 88 Henan Central Road, Shanghai 200002 China
- Open to:
- Register here:
- Alumni; Education; Other events; Public lectures; General
English as a medium of instruction has experienced dramatic growth in recent decades, and with it comes a number of challenges that educators encounter in their daily practice.
Join Dr Gary Bonar in Shanghai as he explores:
- The current state of EMI - recent developments across Asia and globally
- Challenges in EMI for educators
- Suggestions for engaging with these challenges based on research findings - key takeaways with a focus on implementable interventions
This session will be relevant to general TESOL educators and professionals interested in the teaching of English.
Event is free, registration is essential.
- Monash Education
- Monash University