Global Emergency Care Conference
- 18 September 2019 at 10:38 am – 20 September 2019 at 10:38 am
- Royce Hotel - 379 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, Victoria, 3004, Australia
- Open to:
- Doctors, nurses, paramedics, researchers, teachers, administrators students, etc.
- Conferences & Exhibitions; Education; International Future Students; Medicine, Nursing, Health Science
Global Emergency Care Conference | 18 September 2019 (Workshop) & 19 September 2019 (Symposium)
The Global Emergency Care Conference is an exciting annual event open to all healthcare professionals with a passion for the development of global emergency care, particularly in resource-limited settings.
The Conference brings together all types of emergency care providers (doctors, nurses, paramedics, researchers, teachers, administrators etc.) to hear of the incredible experiences, up-to-date evidence and recommendations of experts in global emergency care.
The themes for the 8th Annual Alfred Global Emergency Care Conference (GECC*) are education and research: the building blocks of effective global emergency care capacity development.
The program will explore:
- What are essential elements of emergency care education in resource-limited settings?
- Which content is most relevant?
- What are the most appropriate methods for effective learning?
- What resources already exist?
- What is the evidence-base for global emergency care programs?
- What are the key research questions?
- How can emergency care programs be more effective?
- What areas of research should be prioritised?
- Ann-Maree Guirguis
- +61 (0) 3 9903 9298
- Alfred Health