Financial information

Exchange tuition fees

Exchange students do not pay tuition fees to Monash University. The tuition cost of participating in the exchange program is covered by the agreement between your home institution and Monash University.

Study Abroad tuition fees

If you're a Study Abroad student you will pay fees to Monash (or your home university/agent) for the units (subjects) you study while with us. Exchange students don't need pay any extra tuition fees, so it's a good idea to check if you fall into this category.

Tuition fees are charged for each semester you are enrolled. These fees are shown in the table below.

2019 - 2021

If you will be commencing your Study Abroad program at Monash in 2019, please note that all undergraduate and postgraduate units from all faculties will incur the same fees.

Study Abroad Program 24 credit points studied
(Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
18 credit points studied
(Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
(All Faculties)

18 credit points is usually three units
24 credit points is usually four units

* These fee rates apply to all Australian campuses and are subject to change each year. If you will be studying at an international Monash campus (eg Malaysia) you should contact the relevant Monash Abroad office for current fee rates in the local currency.

If you pay fees to your home university or a study abroad representative you may be charged a different amount than what's described above. This can be because your home university or representative offers a package including additional items like accommodation, excursions, your Overseas Student Health Cover and transport.

International students enrolling in a CRICOS-registered course can study no more than 25% of their course by distance and/or online learning. Students cannot enrol exclusively in distance and/or online learning study in any compulsory study period. See standard 9.4 of The National Code 2007.

View the refund policies for international students.

CRICOS code: 034891A


Before travelling to any Monash campus, in Malaysia or Australia, you'll need to arrange a student visa – both exchange and study abroad students need one. Because our campuses are spread across the globe, the application processes are different for each location.

Find out which visa you'll need to arrange for your Monash study.


Health insurance

Under Australian and Malaysian visa rules, all international students (although there are some exceptions) must have basic medical and hospital cover before they can apply for a student visa.

The names and levels of cover differ depending on where you'll be studying, and for how long. Find out more about the pricing and specifics of overseas student health cover.

Travel insurance

While your overseas student health cover will insure you once you arrive at Monash, it doesn't cover you for things like flight cancellations and lost baggage/personal items. For this reason we strongly encourage you to take out comprehensive travel insurance before you leave home.