About the Global Intercampus Program
The Global Intercampus Program (GIP) lets you undertake one or two semesters of study towards your Monash degree at an overseas Monash campus.
Because you're already a Monash student, transferring to a Monash campus is one of the easiest ways to see the world.This is the perfect choice if you are seeking a stimulating overseas experience that will add value to your degree, with the added benefit of Monash funding packages and in-country support services.
- If you are a Monash Australia student, see below for information on your options, eligibility and how to apply.
- If you are a Monash Malaysia student, see here for information on your options, eligibility and how to apply.
- If you are an IIE MSA (South Africa) student contact the Study Abroad Team for information on your options, eligibility and how to apply.
How does it work?
You must apply and meet eligibility requirements to participate on the Global Intercampus Program. While abroad you’ll:
- Remain enrolled at your home Monash campus and receive credit for your overseas study towards your Monash degree
- Pay your normal fees at your home Monash campus.
- Undertake units that will transfer directly to your home degree and appear on your Monash transcript.
Where can I go and what can I learn?
Studying at Monash Malaysia
Monash Malaysia is Monash University's first international campus. Located 18 kilometres from the bustling centre of Kuala Lumpur, the campus has more than 5000 students. Malaysia has a vibrant, global atmosphere – about one quarter of the student body is international.
Monash Malaysia makes available a wide-ranging selection of units, all taught in English, including regionally based research projects, study tours and fieldwork opportunities. Units align with the campus’s research priorities and include social and economic transformation, sustainability and the environment.
Monash Malaysia also offers a summer school program through their School of Business, School of Science and School of Information Technology. But you don't need to be a student of these faculties to apply - any student can apply.
Find out more about study options here.
How much will it cost?
As a GIP student you don't pay any additional tuition fees, however you will need to cover transport and living costs. Full-semester students from Monash Australia and IIE MSA (South Africa) are eligible for the Malaysia Package, a scholarship valued up to $5000 including free on-campus accommodation. Find out more about the Malaysia Package here.
Eligibility, Selection and Application
Find out more about eligibility, key dates (like application deadlines), creating your Monash study plan, and how to apply.