Award certificate (testamur)

For changes affecting semester two 2020, see COVID-19 updates - Graduations.

An award certificate or testamur is the certificate you receive when you graduate. Graduates will receive both a hard copy and digital version of their award certificate.

Hard copy

If you attend your graduation ceremony, you'll receive your award certificate on stage.

If you graduate in absentia, you can choose whether to collect your certificate from Monash Connect or pay to have it posted to you. We can't send certificates to post boxes.

Update your address details in the Web Enrolment System (WES) if necessary:

If you don't receive your certificate and fail to notify us within 12 months, you'll be charged for a replacement.

Digital copy

After your award has been conferred at a ceremony (this happens whether you attend or not), you'll receive an email within two working-days, about how to access digital versions of your official graduation documents.

Your digital documents are certified only when viewed online through the My eQuals portal. You'll be able to provide potential employers and other people with a link so they can view and verify your qualifications online.

For how to access your documents online, see graduation documents.

Certificate details

Details shown on your award certificate (testamur):

  • your name
  • the award name of your course (this may differ from course name)
  • conferral date (the date of your graduation ceremony)
  • up to two majors/extended majors for some courses started after 2016
  • the University seal.

Replacement certificate

You can request a replacement certificate if the original is:

  • lost
  • damaged
  • stolen
  • incorrect due to a name change.

You need to submit an application for a replacement testamur (pdf, 0.23 mb)

It will take about three weeks to receive your replacement certificate.

Change of name

To change the name on your certificate:

  1. follow the steps to change your personal information
  2. include appropriate documentation. For example, a marriage certificate.

Common uses

Graduates often frame and display their certificates in their place of business (e.g. doctor's office). This provides clients with printed evidence of your qualification to work in that field.

See also common uses for your academic record (transcript) and graduation statement (AHEGS).

Got a question? Monash Connect can help