Indigenous Traineeship Program
Apply to be part of Monash University's Indigenous Traineeship Program. Your pathway to a meaningful career at Monash.
Applications are now open for our 2019 Traineeship Program.
About our Traineeship:
- It provides practical learning and is based across Monash’s Melbourne Campuses (predominantly Clayton / Caulfield).
- You’ll rotate through a number of areas within the University (Faculty &/or Divisions), gaining skills and knowledge, improving your understanding of the University environment, all the while being supported by a dedicated Program Manager, along with an Elder in Residence and an Indigenous mentor.
- You’ll earn while you learn at HEW 2 ($51,803 - $53,875 p a) level.
- You’ll gain a Certificate IV in Business.
- You’ll be engaged on a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months.
We’ll provide you with a culturally safe and supportive workplace. We recognise the impact we have on country and encourage best practice in conserving the environment
- You are committed to learning and developing – and growing your career.
- You’re able and willing to adapt to change.
- You enjoy working in collaborative team environments.
- You understand that success doesn’t happen overnight, but with dedication you can and will achieve.
- You accept help when you need it, and;
- You want to be a part of our Indigenous community.
To be eligible for our Traineeship you must be Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and be able to provide confirmation as stated in our eligibility criteria.
At the end of your Traineeship, you will be well-placed to apply for positions across the University and further cement your career in a World Class University, with a long-standing commitment to advancing Indigenous peoples.
To find out more about this Traineeship opportunity, please contact Melanie Caldwell, Program Adviser, (Indigenous Employment) on 03 990 50029 or email IndigenousEmployment@monash.edu