Before completing your application, it’s worth taking some time to reflect on the path your career has taken.
Think about your skills, achievements and the positive aspects of your working life, and identify those you don’t want to repeat. This will help you get a better sense of what you’ve accomplished, what you know and how to plan for your future goals.
Once you have an understanding of what motivates you and your strengths, you can determine the right career path and put a plan in motion.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What are the three things you enjoy most about your job?
- What are three things you don’t enjoy?
- Does your current role and organisation meet your work-based values?
- What initially attracted you to your current role?
- Where do you want to be in five years?
If you detect a common theme, the answers may help you reflect on what is important to you. This gives you a focus in your job search and career direction.