Monash alumni enjoy complimentary access to selected databases and the physical collections from 1 January 2020.
Visitors are defined as members of the community who are not
- current staff or students of Monash University [see About borrowing]
- members of other affiliated Tertiary Institutions [see Reciprocal borrowing].
Registered visitors can only borrow from Monash Victorian Libraries.
This membership is not available to residents outside Victoria, Australia.
How to join online
There are two options for Library membership
- 12 Months - A$220 [includes GST]
- 6 Months - A$110 [includes GST].
Visitor borrowing entitlements
- 15 items for two weeks
- High-demand, restricted loan, reserve items and journals cannot be requested or borrowed;
- Videos, CDs and other special materials may be borrowed depending on the loan conditions for different collections.
- Check your emails for information about your loans, as you will receive an email alert a few days before the end of your loan period.
- Many items will be automatically renewed up to 14 weeks, providing no holds are placed on an item by another user during this time.
- You won't be able to borrow if you have an item that is overdue.
- Fines will apply to overdue items.
Support & Quick links
- Comprehensive Library Search Guide
- Searching other Australian Libraries
- Monash Australian libraries
- Library Opening Hours
- Giving to the Library
- by email: email@example.com
- by telephone +61 3 9905 5054