As of 11 January 2021, our Libraries will reopen to the public. If you’re visiting the library in person, you’ll need to scan a QR code to register your building entry. You will be able to use the space and browse our collections. Please note that we're running a limited service and borrowing, membership purchasing/renewals etc won't be possible until further notice.
Staff and students from all participating Victorian universities and colleges can enjoy the benefits of the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Scheme. You can borrow from the Library by:
- Presenting your current staff or student ID to staff at the information point at any Monash branch library.
Open Universities Australia (OUA)
- OUA students may register for membership for $55.
- To register you must have a local address and bring photographic ID to an information point at any library.
- You may also register and pay online.
University Libraries of Australia and New Zealand (ULANZ)
- Staff and students from all participating Australian universities and colleges can join ULANZ.
- ULANZ students may register for membership by paying a $55 fee. To register you must have a local address and bring photographic ID to an information point at any library.
- You may also register and pay online
Entitlements of reciprocal borrowers
- 15 items for two weeks
- High-demand, restricted loan, reserve items and journals cannot be borrowed;
- Videos, CDs and other special materials may be borrowed depending on the loan conditions applying for different collections.
- Check your emails for information about your loans, as you will receive an email alert a few days before the end of your loan period.
- Many items will be automatically renewed up to 14 weeks, providing no holds are placed on an item by another user during this time.
- You won't be able to borrow if you have an item that is overdue.
- Fines will apply to overdue items.