Sir Louis Matheson Library
The Matheson Library provides scholarly resources, study facilities, and research skills development programs to strengthen the learning, teaching and research activities of staff and students at the University's Clayton campus. The library has collection strengths in:
- social sciences
- business and economics
- education, including a Teaching Materials Collection.
The library also contains the following special collections:
- Ada Booth Slavic Collection
- Asian Collections
- Giligich Yiddish Collection
- Kipen Judaica Collection
- Music and Multimedia Collection
- Rare Books Collection
In addition, all Monash students and staff have access to extensive electronic resources via Search and physical items.
All libraries are open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday, with Matheson Library open 8am-8pm Monday to Friday to support final assessment preparation. More information on how we will support you.
Library opening hours may be subject to change
Note: If you're going to be on campus, you're now welcome to return your library books.
- Ramp to main entrance
- Lifts available
- Accessible toilet facilities
- Find out about Services for users with a disability
Advice and support for students
- Please visit We will support you to find out how we can help.
- To access virtual drop-ins, visit Drop-ins page.