Hold requests are temporarily not available.
From 18 January 2021 all current Monash staff, students and alumni will be able to request on loan items in Search as well as items not held in their home library.
Use your Monash University ID card or Library member card to borrow from any of our Victorian campus libraries.
Find Monash University Library resources using Search.
Sign in to Search and select 'My Loans' to check due dates of your loans, or view fines and requests.
Monash staff and students
- Undergraduates (including Monash College Diploma students): 30 items initially for 2 weeks.
- Postgraduates, honours and staff: unlimited loans initially for 4 weeks.
- Monash eligible off-campus students and staff can have Library items sent directly to their address through the postal loan [personal delivery] service. An initial loan period of 4 weeks allows for postal delivery time each way.
- Monash online students are not eligible for postal loans.
Monash English Language Centre (MUELC) students (MEB/IAP)
- You can borrow in person from any of the Victorian campus libraries.
- You can borrow 15 items, initially for 2 weeks.
- All items, except those in high demand and those requested by other users, are automatically renewed.
- You can request items that are on loan to someone else (see 'Requesting items' below).
- You cannot borrow high-demand items or journals
- You are not eligible to request postal loans
Borrowing high-demand or restricted loan material
- High demand items may have a loan period of 14 days or less.
- Some materials have more restrictive loan conditions.
- For full details see Special materials.
After the initial borrowing period, items are automatically renewed unless
- it is requested by another user
- it is restricted material
- you have overdue loans
- you have reached the maximum loan period of 52 weeks.
You can check the status of your current loans, due dates, requests and fines in Search. Select 'Sign in' then 'My Loans'.
- You should also receive a courtesy email a few days before the end of your loan period.
- The item must be returned by the due date specified in My Loans or courtesy notice.
- It is your responsibility to return items by the due date.
- If you have an item that is overdue, you cannot borrow and other items you have on loan will no longer be automatically renewed. Fines will apply to all items that are overdue.
- 24-hour returns are available at the Sir Louis Matheson, Law and Hargrave-Andrew libraries at Clayton, Peninsula Library and Pharmacy Library.
- During opening hours, you can return items at any of our libraries using the returns chute inside.
- You can also post items to any of our branch libraries in Victoria. Check the address of the library.
Arrangements for placements or teaching rounds
Students on medical or nursing placement or teaching rounds may be permitted to borrow for longer periods. Contact Hargrave-Andrew Library staff for more information.
The Borrowing brochure summarises how to borrow from the Library.