Items in high-demand, usually reading list material, may be placed on restricted loan. Students are advised to purchase their own copy of prescribed texts as there will only be limited copies (print or electronic) available from the Library. Restricted loan of print may be 3 hours, overnight, 7 days or 14 days.
These items, except 14-day loan material, are not renewable.
Off-campus students may request photocopies of chapters from items on reserve
Visitors and Monash English Language Centre (MUELC) students are not eligible to borrow high-demand items.
Most journals are available in electronic format through Search. Print journals can be borrowed overnight by Monash staff and postgraduate students. No renewals are available.
The following items generally are available for standard loan periods, although some high demand or rare material may be restricted to one week, overnight, 3 hour loans or only viewed in Special Collections Reading Room.
- Music scores
- Sound recordings
- These are recordings of Australian TV programs made under strict copyright conditions and are restricted to Monash staff and students.
- Visitors and CAVAL staff and students are not eligible to view or borrow.
Microforms [microfiche and microfilm]
- Generally microforms are not for loan
- Microfiche theses can be loaned.
- Check specific facilities for accessing multimedia in the libraries.
16mm film [motion picture]
- Film can only be used by Monash staff for teaching purposes. A qualified projectionist is required for screenings.