Services for users with a disability
The Library tries to ensure that all staff and students with a disability are able to access the libraries, their resources and services.
Register for services
Students with a disability seeking Library assistance should register with Disability Support Services.
Accessibility of library buildings
Caulfield, Matheson and Peninsula are open for Monash staff and students on limited basis (9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, closed at weekends), while other libraries remain closed until further notice. Access to the three open libraries is restricted to students and staff who need to present their Monash ID. Access to print collections may be limited. More information on how we will support you.
Adaptive Technology Facilities
TEMPORARILY ONLY AVAILABLE AT CAULFIELD, MATHESON AND PENINSULA
A range of adaptive technology facilities are provided for eligible students registered with Disability Support Services.
You may book to use adaptive technology facilities for up to three hours.
Adaptive technology facilities includes the following equipment or software:
- internet and Windows account access
- Microsoft Office, EndNote.
All adaptive technology facility computers also have the following assistive software:
- JAWS for screen reading
- Magic for screen magnification
- Texthelp Read&Write GOLD for page reading and text literacy assistance
- ABBYY FineReader for scanning and fast optical character recognition
- Dragon Naturally Speaking for dictation and voice control of the computer
Inspiration for graphical idea representation and essay structuring.
The following equipment is available at particular branches:
- Everest Braille embosser and Duxbury Braille translation software at the Matheson Library
- Kurzweil book readers at Law Library
- Book magnifiers (CCTVs) at Caulfield, Matheson and Peninsula libraries
- Lightweight book trolleys at Caulfield, Matheson, and Peninsula libraries.
CURRENTLY ONLY AVAILABLE AT MATHESON AND PENINSULA
- Resting rooms are available at Hargrave-Andrew, Law, Matheson and Peninsula libraries.