Monash University operates a parking permit system for regular users of campus car parks. Permit areas are defined by different colours, each with different eligibility for usage. Special permits are available to eligible groups who access our campuses.
If you are a visitor to campus or not eligible for a parking permit, we have visitor parking areas available for you to park.
Departments and faculties
Yellow scratch permits are available for department and faculty usage when they would like to pay for their visitor parking or if staff are travelling between campuses for business purposes. Yellow permits cannot be purchased for personal use.
Yellow scratchy permits:
- Allow you to park in Yellow and Blue areas on all campuses except Parkville
- Can be purchased for 2hr, 4hr, 5hr or daily parking sessions
- Can be purchased immediately or in advance of specific times
- Must include an associated vehicle registration number
Departmental or faculty budgets are used to pay for daily scratchy permits. Payment will be processed at the start of each month for the previous month’s activity and a report on usage can be accessed by authorised users.
8 hour (all day)
The 8 hr (all day) permit will cover a full day's parking 12.00am to 11.59pm on the permit date recorded in the vPermit system.
To become an authorised administrator for your organisational unit please submit the vPermit Parking Administrator Form. Buildings and Property will review the form and provide you with access to the scratchy permit facility in the vPermit system.
For more information on how to purchase a Yellow scratchy permit, see our guide.
There are two parking options for inducted contractors who work on our campuses. You can either pay-by-app daily or purchase an annual permit.
Both parking options allow you to park in Blue areas all day, or Yellow areas for a maximum of 2 hours at a time.
All campuses, annual
How to purchase
Visit Contractor parking and permits for more information about parking options and how to purchase.
Available to Childcare staff who work on our campuses. Childcare permits can only be purchased from the campus at which you work.
- A Childcare staff permit will enable you to park in Childcare areas at your campus location.
Childcare Drop Off
Available to parents or carers who drop off children to Childcare facilities located on Monash University campuses.
- A Childcare drop off permit will enable you to park in Childcare drop off areas at your childcare facilities for 30 minutes.
- Childcare drop off permits are provided at no cost to eligible parents and carers.
- Proof of enrolment must be provided when applying for a Childcare Drop Off permit.
Available to Monash Sport Members who are not Monash staff or students. Monash Sports permits can be purchased for Clayton and Peninsula campuses.
- A Monash Sport permit will enable you to park in Blue areas at Clayton and Peninsula campus
- Monash Sports permits are provided at no cost to eligible members.
On campus businesses
Retail tenant permits
Available to retail tenants who work on our campuses. Retail permits can only be purchased from the campus at which you work.
- A Blue Retail Tenant permit will enable you to park in Blue areas at all campuses (except Parkville)
- A Red Retail Tenant permit will enable you to park in Red or Blues areas at all campuses (except Parkville; only Parkville Red Retail permit holders may park at Parkville)
Clayton and Caulfield
Clayton and Caulfield
John Monash Science School permits
Available to John Monash Science School (JMSS) staff who work at Clayton Campus.
- A JMSS Red permit will enable you to park in Red areas at Clayton campus.
- JMSS Red permits are available to eligible JMSS staff at no cost.
Monash Tech School permits
Available to Monash Tech School staff who work at Clayton Campus.
- A Monash Tech School Red permit will enable you to park in Red areas at Clayton campus.
- Monash Tech School Red permits are available to eligible Monash Tech School staff at no cost.
Monash Biomedical Imaging
Available to Monash Biomedical Imaging staff who are employed by CSIRO and work at Clayton Campus.
- An MBI Blue permit will enable you to park in Blue areas at 770 Blackburn Road.
- MBI Blue permits are available to eligible CSIRO staff at no cost.
Purchase a permit
Parking permits are purchased using the vPermit portal.
For 2020, annual permits are valid from 24 February 2020 until 22 February 2021. The price charged will be the pro-rata amount depending on when the permit is purchased during the current year.
Parking permits are subject to parking rules, terms and conditions. We also use licence plate recognition technology to check vehicle registrations to confirm paid parking sessions.