Expression of Interest for Postgraduate Studies
As a prospective PhD or Master's by research candidate with the School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment you will need to complete and submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) form in order to be considered for an invitation to apply for candidature and/or scholarship.
Identify a research supervisor/s
Having supervision is integral to the application process and an 'invitation to apply' cannot proceed without a prospective supervisor initiating the process.
Please refer to the School of Earth, Atmosphere & Environment Research Supervisor Matrix.
You will be required to provide the name of at least one supervisor whose background and research interest is similar to yours and for whom you wish to supervise your research project.
All postgraduate research students at Monash University are however supervised by at least two supervisors.
Provide access to the following documents
The EOI form will require you to provide access to the following supporting documents before you will be able to click 'submit'.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate Academic Transcripts (Certified English Translation as required)
- IELTS/TOEFL test results (if applicable) (cannot be more than two years old). Please refer to the Monash University English eligibility policy
- Publications, Awards, References
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of relevant Work Experience.
Monash has two scholarship rounds for Domestic applicants
- EOI closing date for round 1 scholarship applications is the second last Friday in October
- EOI closing date for mid year scholarship round is the second last Friday in May
Monash has two scholarship rounds for International applicants
- EOI closing date for round 1 scholarship applications is the second last Friday in March
- EOI closing date for mid year scholarship round is the second last Friday in August
Invitation to Apply
Once your expression of interest is approved you will obtain a formal invitation from the School. You will then be able to apply for Postgraduate Candidature and /or Scholarships. An invitation to apply is not a guarantee that an offer of candidature or scholarship will be made by Monash University.
The EOI form asks that your documents are provided as a URL to a single pdf shared via Google drive or Drop Box. Can you please ensure that the documents you are sharing enable 'all' to view them.